Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Diorific Illuminating Pressed Powder {001 Gold Shock}

Dior Gold Shock Highlighter

Dior released their Holiday 2014 collection recently and it is absolutely stunning.  I am a sucker for anything in gold packaging (especially during holiday time).  I saw this bad boy and I knew I just had to have him.  The bad boy I am talking about is the Diorific Illuminating Pressed Powder ($80) in Gold Shock.  I believe there is also a pink shade but the gold was just calling my name.  It comes in very sturdy gold packaging and of course a nice velvet pouch.  When I first opened the compact angels sang.  Literally angels came down from the heavens and sang.  I don't know what it is about holiday time but beauty brands really know how to wrestle you into buying beautiful highlighters.  
For a while I just looked at it and did not want to disturb its beauty but, that eventually faded and I used it.  Well let me say that all at once I was amazed and saddened.  The top layer is an overspray and it eventually goes away.  Which deeply saddened me because the overspray is just so gorgeous.  On my pale skin it really looked amazing.  The powder that is underneath does not look as amazing.  It kind of reminds me of cornstarch.  The consistency is blah and the way it looks on my face is just blah.  
   
Dior Gold Shock Highlighter

Dior Gold Shock Highlighter

Dior Gold Shock Highlighter

Compared to Chanel Camelia de Plumes, The Balm Mary Loumanizer, and Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Glow 
Dior Gold Shock Highlighter swatches

Dior Gold Shock Highlighter
Underneath the overspray 



I am totally disappointed by this product.  I so wanted it to be amazing but, unfortunately it wasn't.  Do don't waste your money on this.  If you are looking for a beautiful highlighter try the new Chanel. 


What products have disappointed you lately ??


Love, 
City Styles 

No comments:

Post a Comment