Monday, September 1, 2014

August Favorites


August has come and gone and soon enough fall will be here.  But, right now I am sitting in my sweltering room wishing it was 70 degrees out instead of 83.  Anywho let's get on with the show.  I have found some really amazing products this month and want to share them with you all.  

1. Valentia Even Glow Serum* - I ran out of my Ole Henriksen Truth Serum and decided hey why no try something different.  So I did and fell in love with this.  It is a Vitamin C serum that just leaves my skin feeling so nourished.  I have been using this for about a month and don't know what I would do without it.

2. Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation - Ughhh this stuff is AMAZING.  I have not found a foundation that I truly loved this much in a long time.  It gives you medium coverage but, doesn't feel like you have anything on your face.  It gives a bit of a dewy look but, doesn't make you look like a grease ball.  It lasts all day long.  I usually put my makeup on at 7:30am and I don't come home 'til 6:30pm and my face is still intact.  That my friends is amazing.  

3. Lorac Pro 2 Palette - If I had to make a choice between my Naked palettes and my Lorac ones well I would for sure pick my Lorac ones.  I have reached for this palette daily.  I love the first four neutral shades.  They look great in the crease.  And I love the first five shimmery shades.  They look great all over the lid or in the outer corner.  The shadows blend so easily and they feel buttery smooth.  

4. Bobbi Brown Blush in Coral Sugar - We all know I have a thing coral.  Well this month I have been all about this blush.  It is a nice mix of pink and coral.  And if compliments my skin tone so well.  

5. Malin + Goetz Lip Balm - I received this in my Glossy Box and I am in love.  I think I enjoy this more then my Jack Black lip balm and that is saying a whole lot ( I have gone through at least 4 or 5 tubes of Jack Black).  The Malin + Goetz is so moisturizing and keeps my lips moisturized for hours.  

6. L'oreal Glossy Stain in Coral Tattoo - Glossy Stain is not the real name of these.  The name is not on the packaging either.  That annoys me a bit but, the product itself is amazing.  It stays in place for hours without budging.  Only when I eat do I have to re-apply.  

7. Formula X The System - Since Revlon discontinued my favorite base coat I thought it was time to try something else.  I haven't dabbled to much with the Formula X range from Sephora but, I have heard such great things about it.  And everyone is right.  The System includes a nail cleanser, a base coat, your choice of a nail color, and a top coat.  These have really helped my manicures last longer.

8. One Truffle Clarity Pouch - This is the best makeup pouch around town.  It fits so much but, is still so sleek.  It leaves so much room in my purses for all my other junk.  I am contemplating buying a few more in various sizes.  


    Some of my other favorites this month :
The Killing - A Netflix original. It is such a great show.  If you are into shows like Dexter and Sherlock you will enjoy this. 
#GIRLBOSS - My mom bought this for me on her Kindle and I have not been able to put it down.  Such a good read for someone who wants a job outside the norm and wants to be their own boss.
LG G3 - I finally got myself a new phone and it wasn't an iPhone.  Don't get me wrong I love iPhones but, I hate the quality of their cameras.  Androids have such better camera quality.  And having a blog based on beauty I wanted to get a phone that has the best camera quality out there. 

What are your favorites this month ??


Love, 
City Styles 



No comments:

Post a Comment