Monday, March 31, 2014

Drugstore Starter Kit !

Makeup can be very scary if you don't know much about it. I'M here to save the day!  I put together a drugstore starter kit of all the products a person new to makeup would need.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder · I love this to powder by tzone to keep me from getting oily.

L'oreal Miracle Blur Primer · This primer is an exact dupe for the Benefit Porefessional.  It blurs all your pores and helps your foundation last all day.

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso · This blush is a universal shade.  I think that it would look amazing on all skintones.  It gives you a beautiful flush.

Wet n Wild Mega Glo · These highlighter/blushes are amazing for the price.  They are so pigmented and come in a few different shades.

Covergirl Super Thick Lash Mascara · This mascara doesn't have the prettiest of packaging but, it does the job!  My lashes look so amazing when I'm wearing this.  It gives them volume and lenghth.

L'oreal Infallible Shadow in Amber Rush ·  If you have blue eyes this is a must have!  And even if you don't have blue eyes this would look amazing.  It is such a beautiful copper-ish color.  And the texture on these is great too.  They aren't a cream shadow yet, they aren't a regular powder shadow either.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze · Maybelline Color Tattoos are the way to go if you like a cream shadow.  Bad to the Bronze is my personal favorite but there are so many different shades to choose from.  Plus, Maybelline comes out with tons of limited edition shades every year.

Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutrals Palette · This palette is great for people who like a neutral eye. There is a shade for everyone this palette. It is great for a beginner and it also great for traveling .

Rimmel Kohl Liner · These liners are so creamy yet have serious lasting power!  And the nude one is great for making your eyes look extra bright and awake.

Jordana Eyeliner · I love to use these to tight line or for a pop of color on my lower lash line.  They are very inexpensive and also last throughout the day.

Jesse's Girl Eyeliner ·  I am not the best at winged and this pen makes it so easy.  It is not the blackest black but it does an amazing job.

Maybelline Gel Liner · As I said before I am not the best at winged liner but, once and awhile I break out the gel liner.  This is the blackest of the black and is ultra creamy.  It goes on smooth and dries nicely.

Jordana Lipliner · Just like the eyeliners the lip liners are just as good.  They come in an array of nice neutral lip shades and are very inexpensive.  They go on the lips smoothly and last very nicely under your lipstick.  They aren't too creamy but, easy to work with.

Milani Lipliner · These liners are nice and creamy and wear well under most lipsticks.  The shade range is not very large but they do have great neutral, everyday shades.

Maybelline Colorsensationl Lipsticks · Out of all the drugstore lipsticks these are hands down my absolute favorite!  They are creamy but not too creamy.  The lasting power is amazing and they look great on the lips.  They do not cling to dry patches on the lips.  There are so many colors to choose from and each one is very pigmented.  Some of my favorites are from the Vivid's collection.

Maybelline Colorsensational Lipgloss · Again just like the lipsticks these are highly pigmented and have great lasting power.  For a lipgloss they are definitely opaque.  

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss ·  These glosses are more on the sheer side but, come in some great shades.  Plus they aren't sticky and do not smell too funky.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss · These were just repackaged and they look so cute.  They are similar to the colorburst ones but, are a bit stickier and bit more opaque.  I would not say that they are full on opaque but, I would not say they are sheer either.  My favorite is pink pop.

Almay Color + Care Lip Balm · I was truly intrigued when these came out.  I was so fascinated with a gloss plus a balm.  They are very hydrating on lips and even after it has worn off you can still feel how well nourished your lips are.  Since this is more of a balm these are very sheer but still look gorge.  

Maybelline Baby Lips  · These smell great and leave your lips nice and hydrated.  Plus they have some great shades that double as a nice lip stain.



I did not include a concealer or foundation is this starter kit because it all depends on your skin type.  I have dry skin and my two favorite foundations are the TruBlend from Covergirl and Ponds BB Cream.  But my BFF has oily skin and she loves the Maybelline Fit Me.  So it just all depends!

Hope you enjoyed this Starter Kit.  What are your favorites from the drugstore ??

Love,
City Styles 

No comments:

Post a Comment