Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Primer Talk


I am a tried and true primer girl.  I truly believe a primer helps your foundation look great and keeps it looking great all day.  Over the years I have tried many a primer but, at the moment I am loving these six.  I have three categories for my primers: Glow, Prime, and Smooth.  
Let's start out with Glow.  I have two primers in this category, Clarins Instant Light in 01 and Dior Glow Maximizer.  I use these both in the same way, mixing them in with my foundation.  When I am using a more matte foundation and want a glow I like to use these.  The Clarins is more on the Champagne side while the Dior is more on the gold side.  I interchange these depending on how I feel or the look I am going for.  They give a nice healthy glow to your skin and give matte foundation more dimension.  
There are some days when my pores are just out of whack and that is when I reach for my Benefit Porefessional.  This is the only "Smoothing" primer I own.  I have a few samples of drugstore ones but, I always come back to this.  It fills in pores and any fine lines you have and makes it easy for your foundation to just glide on the skin.  And it always helps your foundation from settling into those lines and pores. 
Now onto the Priming.  I have three in this category: Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, Makeup Forever HD, and Chanel Le Blanc De Chanel.  The Clarins Beauty Flash Balm has a bit of a tint to it but when put on the skin there is no detection of it.  It is also dries rapidly so you have to work pretty fast.  The Makeup Forever HD primer is great for those nights you are going out or for special occasions where you are going to be photographed.  It helps the reduce the flash back when taking a photo (aka you don't look like a ghost).  It also really helps prolong the wear of your foundation.  And lastly we have the Chanel Le Blanc De Chanel.  I really love to use this under my Chanel foundations, especially the new one, Perfection Lumiere Velvet.  This primer goes on a bit sticky and really holds onto the foundation.  Le Blanc De Chanel doesn't come with a pump so I like to put it on with a paddle foundation brush.  I use the Sigma F60.  For the rest of the primers I use my fingers to apply them.     
   


Overall I really enjoy these primers and would highly recommend them!

What are your favorite primers ??

Love,
City Styles



PS - The Lorac Pro Palette 2 comes out this Sunday June 15th.  I plan on snatching one up if I can.  I absolutely love the first one and this one also looks great !



No comments:

Post a Comment