Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Top 14 of 2014



Happy 2015!!! I can't believe another year has come and gone.  But 2014 was pretty good to me.  I was introduced to lots of new beauty products and I rounded up my top favs for you guys.


Bioderma - I am down the end of my bottle and I keep telling myself I don't need a new bottle.  Yeah ok, Amazon Prime to the rescue.  This is my holy grail of makeup removers.  It has never met a match it couldn't handle.

Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask - I don't know what I would ever do without this.  This is great for people with very dry or combo skin.  It isn't a mask you leave on for 10 mins and then wash off.  This is more of a very thick moisturizer that you lather on at night and let sink into your face.  When you wake up in the morning your face is hydrated.  I love this for the winter months.

Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation - I have never had such a love for a foundation before. I discovered this back in August and I have had a love affair with it ever since.  It lasts all day and has a medium coverage.  It has a satin finish and doesn't need to be powdered.  I have been searching for a foundation like this for years and I am so happy to have found it!

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - The consistency of this is amazing.  It is very liquidy but at the same time it isn't runny.  I am able to use this as my under eye concealer and even at times I use this all over my face and just set with a powder.

Chanel Les Beiges Powder - Best setting powder!!  I love to use a light dusting of this after my foundation.  It helps set my foundation but, doesn't make me look matte.

Becca Blush in Flowerchild - I enjoy a good matte blush but, this blush came along and blew them out of the water.  It is the perfect pinky, coral shade that gives you a nice flush and has a beautiful satin finish.

MAC Definitely Defined - Unfortunately this was a limited edition product but, I use it so much I had to include it.  It is such a beautiful highlighter.  I have very pale skin and like a highlighter that has more of a champagne tone to it.  I think it complements me nicely.  And it isn't too shimmery.  I hate when a highlighter makes you look like a glitter ball.

Anastasia Brow Whiz - I have gone through three of these in one year.  This stuff is like auhhh mazzz balls.  It is so precise and taupe is the perfect shade for me.

Lorac Pro Palette - If I lost every other palette and only had this one that would be fine with me.  The shadows are so creamy and pigmented.  I grab for this palette at least twice a week.

By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock - Let me start off my saying I love the Ombre Blackstars in general but, Misty Rock is such an amazing shade.  It is a dusty mauve color that looks s amazing on so many eye colors.  And it is a one and done kind of product.  I can use this all over the eye, buff it out, and I am done.  Plus the lasting power is amazing and no creasing.

Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara - This is my mascara.  It has fiber bristles and just gives you great looking lashes.  It gives them volume and a bit of length.  I have gone through two in the past year and don't know if I could ever go without it.

Malin + Goetz Lip Balm - This came in one of my Glossy Box's this year and I was blown away by how good it was.  It has a thicker texture then most lip balms and really hydrates my lips.  It also lasts longer then most.  It isn't too sticky either.

Sephora Formula X System - I have never been religious to a base and top coat before but these have now become my holy grails.  They help my polish last so much longer.  I get at least 5 days out of my manicures.

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray - My hair has no volume whatsoever.  This stuff gives my fluffy hair such texture and volume it's so amazing.  I love to use this on my hair after I dry it and I also love to use it on my second day hair.  I love it more then dry shampoo.  And it smells amazing.



What are your favorites from 2014 ??


Love,
City Styles 

2 comments:

  1. mist rock and flowerchild haaaave to come into my life! Also, I'm ashamed to say that I haven't tried the Lorac palettes yet....it might be time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG out of anything in this post you need the LORAC Pro... I would chose it anyday over my Naked Palettes lol

    ReplyDelete