Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Budget Buys: New at the Drugstore


Recently there has been many new releases at the drugstore.  I myself love a great drugstore find.

EYES
  Maybelline came out with some new Leather Color Tattoos and The Nudes palette.  I really love the palette.  It reminds me a bit of a sleek palette and I really wish more US brands would do something like this.  L'oreal has come out with some new Colour Riche quads.  I of course picked up Absolute Taupe.  The colors are gorgeous and very creamy.  They are easy to blend and have minimum fall out.    And then Milani has released their Bella Eyes Gel Eyeshadow.  There are 30 shades in all but, I only picked up Bella Sand and Bella Espresso.  I really want to get more.  I love the consistency.  They aren't too powdery but, they aren't creamy either.  


NAILS
There has been two new gel polish releases,
 one from Sally Hansen and one from Revlon.   They each come with the base and color in one bottle and the top coat in another.  I have only tried the Revlon once and to me it was a bit disappointing.  I will have to give to another try.  I really like the Sally Hansen one.  It lasted on my nails for fives days with very minimal chipping.  


LIPS
Rimmel has reformulated their Moisture Renew lipsticks and I picked up two shades, Oxford Street Fuchsia and As You Want Victoria.  I really like how creamy they are.  L'oreal also released these Glossy Balms.  And I love a good chubby lip pencil so I picked up two, one in Ginger Candy and one in Innocent Coral.  These are nicely pigmented and leave your lips shiny. 


Brows & Cheeks
A little while back Milani came out with these brow pens and I picked one up in Natural Taupe.  Lets just say this is an utter fail for me.  The tip dried out after one use and it is not taupe at all.  It mod more along this lines of a reddish brown.  L'oreal came out with their Insta Blur line and I picked up one of the blushes in Soft Pink.  It is a silicone/gel like blush.  I use an ELF Small Stippling brush to apply it.  I wouldn't say it blurs my imperfections but, it does look pretty! 



What have you been liking from the drugstore lately ??



Love, 
City Styles 

2 comments:

  1. I have to get my hands on the bella shadows and rimmel lipsticks! They sound amazing!!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I need more of the bella shadows they are great !! And the Rimmel lipsticks are amazing.. better then the old formula !

      Delete