Sunday, December 7, 2014

My Top Lip Balms


Winter is officially here in NYC.  It has been cold and dreary.  Which means my lips have been super chapped and peeling.  And that is not a good look.  So I rely on some amazing lip balms to heal my lips.  First up we have my old faithful Jack Black.  I have been using this lip balm for years now and have gone through countless tubes.  I keep this at my desk at work so when I feel that mid day chap coming on I lather my lips up and I am good to go for the rest of the day.  Another oldie but goodie is the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments.  Do you remember when Sephora gave these out as birthday gifts every year.  Well that is how this love affair started.  Right now I am loving the Tulip shade.  It is a soft but bright pink and is great for those no makeup, makeup days. It gives you color and moisturizes at the same time.  Now onto a few newer loves.  I had been hearing about the La Mer lip balm for awhile and could never just bit the bullet but, earlier this year I decided to treat myself. To me this is more of a luxury lip balm since it is so expensive.  I use it when I need a pick me up or I feel like being luxurious.  I absolutely love the scent of this.  It smells and tastes exactly like Orbit's Sweet Mint gum and that is my favoritest gum of all time.  A few months ago I got this Malin + Goetz lip balm in my Glossybox and ever since I have been addicted.  It has a thick texture and just glides onto the lips and sinks in.  I usually bring this out when my lips are in really bad shape.  This is usually after a full day in the cold and wind.  And my last lip balm love is from Albeit.  This is the newest addition to the family.  I saw this recently in Anthropologie and thought it was kind of similar to the By Terry Baume de Rose (still on my revolving list).  The Albeit has a slight rose scent and has a goopy texture and leaves a light pink sheen to your lips.  This has been on my bedside table and I use it every night.



What are your top lip balms ?? And what is the most you have ever payed for a lip balm ??


Love,
 City Styles       

No comments:

Post a Comment