Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What Irritates Me the Most...





Lets talk pet peeves.  I say living in New York I have definitely gained a few, and by a few I mean many.  But today we are going to stick to the subway.  Oh the wonderful MTA.  Over the last 8 years I have had my share of bus/subway rides.  And I have had many a choice words for say bus drivers.  And yes I have called 311 to complain about them too. 

1. Late buses or buses that pass you by when they aren't full.  The bus I live by absolutely loves to be late, especially on the weekends.  I have stood around for at least 45 minutes waiting.  And then there are the buses that pass you by.  I mean come on!  I have somewhere to be too.  I swear to work for the MTA you must be evil.  There is totally a check box on the application that says able to be evil to sweet, paying customers. 

2. Weekend trains.  Dear god how I hate the subway on the weekend.  There is always work being done and detours.  Trains that run express are now running local, and local trains running express.  Its like being in a maze trying to figure out the subway system on weekends. 

3. Tourists.  I consider a tourist anyone who takes the subway once and a blue moon.  This includes people from Long Island, people from Europe, and anyone who needs directions.  Now if it's the weekend I will give you an exception, that being said if its not, get with the program.  There are maps all over.  There is also the internet and this thing called a phone.  This day in age everyone has a smart phone.  Download an app, because I am not going to feel bad for you being on the express train when you are supposed to be on the local.  There are signs all over and the lady that comes on over the speaker to tell you if a local or express train is entering the station.  

4. I may get slack for this but I am going to say it anyway.  Do not give beggers money.  Give them food.  Many are just druggies looking for their next fix.  The money does not go to buying a bus ticket home or to their family.  If their family isn't with them beat they don't have one.  Food is a better option.  At least you know that they will have a meal or food in their stomach rather than being high.  

5.  Bus drivers that don't stop when you press the signal.   I couldn't even tell you how many times a bus driver has gone past my stop because they "didn't notice" the please stop signal.  I mean please it lights up red and bings.  Sometimes I don't mind the extra walk, but sometimes i just want to walk up my block and be home. 

6.  People who sing on the train.  Just don't! Please don't.  It's not fun for the other people around you.  Lip sync or dance in your seat, but please please do not sing.

7. Give the old lady your seat!  Or the pregnant woman.  I hate seeing (men especially) who do not get up for the elderly or the pregnant woman.  Yes I know you have worked all day and are tired, but be respectful and have manners.  I will always get up and offer my seat and it pains me to think that other do not care.

There are probably a whole lot more, but that's all that pops into my brain right now.   


Now about the picture above.  I went to lunch/dinner with my bff Daria (I will probably talk about her a lot)  and her sister today.  We went to the New York Ale House and I had 35 Shrimp Scampi.  It was absolutely delish!  I couldn't even finish it all, so it came home with me!  I have to say I am really liking the Ale House.  I have been there twice now and have loved the food and for the price it's the boom!  It is similar too Applebees or Outback.  But I may like it a bit more, switch is very shocking because I love my Applebees!  

I will leave you with this image.  We will talk more tomorrow!


Love, 
City Styles

No comments:

Post a Comment